Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Last Altar Call

Last Altar Call
Author: Connie Sue Jones

The small child listened quietly as the preacher began to give his last altar call. He watched as no one moved ... no one seemed to need a prayer at all. No one needed forgiveness of their lives of sin. Everyone seemed pleased with the way their lives had been.

The child realized that even though he didn't quite understand, he believed in Jesus, and down the aisle he ran! He fell to his knees and began to pray. As the preacher knelt by his side, he heard the small child say, “Jesus, I know You know who I am, but in case You've forgotten, my name is Sam. I'm the one who won't play with my friends, just because their good toys to me they won't lend.

“I'm the one, Jesus, who always wants their own way, and I won't even listen to what others have to say. And I'm the one that never does my part, even when I know what I'm supposed to do down deep in my heart.

“And I guess, Jesus, I'm the one that never does anything unless it's half-done."

“And I know You saw what I did the other day ... I got awful mad and pushed a little boy out of my way!

“But Jesus, I just want You to know, I'm sorry for all the bad things I do. And I want to try to do better, so maybe You can love me and forgive me, too. I want to grow up to be like these people here today, for they must never do anything wrong or I guess you'd be hearing them all say, “'Forgive me too, Jesus, and help me to be more like You instead of more like me!'"

The preacher stood up, with tears in his eyes, the congregation too had begun to cry. For this small humble child had taught them that day, the true meaning of faith and just how they should pray. They knew in their hearts just how satisfied they had become; when down the aisle this small child did run.

From Mr. Mom's mailing list. chillintx@amaonline.com
http://mrmom.amaonline.com/Inspirational.htm

“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” - Isaiah 64:6 

Source : Sherry’s Inspirational http://groups.google.com/group/Sherrys_Inspirational

Popular Posts