Friday, November 19, 2010

Big Trials, Greater God

Big Trials, Greater God

Just thought this might encourage someone. -Andrew Ebenuwah

On a quiet Saturday evening a 26 year old man was invited to church by a close friend he hadn't seen in a while.

As the young man went to bed that evening, he found himself saying to himself, ‘how did my friend know that I needed to go to church?’ Perhaps, my friend saw that I am going through a terrible time and I need some help.  But somehow, he just could not wait for morning to come.

In church the next day, he accepted Christ into life and as the pastor said, "God is about to do great things in his new life as a Christian."

3 months after accepting God the young man got married and stopped "living in sin."

He felt God say to him, “Well Done Son, Daddy is proud of you.”

“So God, this is the Great thing you promised to do in my life, WOW!” he said to God.

As the days passed by after his wedding, he felt free from sin and he thanked God as often as he could for his new wife and how wonderful married life was.

Then another "blessing" came his way.  Four months after his wedding, his young beautiful new wife was diagnosed with cancer. “WHAT?” he shouted at the doctor, “She is my new wife.”

As they walked out of the clinic, they held hands sobbing, emotions everywhere.

As soon as they got into their tiny flat, he went into the room and fell on his knees sobbing and praying.

“Father, God are you there? I need to speak to You, why? You said blessings shall follow me from now on. God I am only a baby in your kingdom and I am not strong enough for this,” he said to God.

As time went on, accompanying his wife to the Hospital for treatment, he found himself thanking God and asking God first for his wife to find God and her healing after.  Somehow he knew that if she found God all would be well.

But as he prayed, she got worse and he was spending a lot of time with her in the hospital. They shared jokes and tried as best as they could to live like a normal young couple. They drew closer to each other and he admitted to a friend, "I never knew I could love like this and cope."

20 months after his marriage, his wife passed away, and her dying words to him was, “You have loved me like I never expected to be loved.”

On the day of her funeral, one of the songs he choose was, “HE TURNED MY MOURNING INTO DANCING.” On her gravestone, he wrote "In this the love of my God is made perfect."

Three years after her passing he summoned up the courage to start clearing out her things, he found her diary, and going through it, he found several pages that read "I Love you, Honey." and several pages that read "Went to church today, prayed to God to forgive me all my sins and heal me."

Four years on, truly the love of God is made perfect as he is now a steadfast member of a local church and pouring his life to the work of God and he is always smiling.

May the love of God be made perfect in our lives. Amen

In Loving Memory of Yvonne Ebenuwah
21/08/1969 - 20/05/1998

“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” -2 Corinthians 12:9 

Source : Sherry’s Inspirational - http://groups.google.com/group/Sherrys_Inspirational

Popular Posts