Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pay Attention

PAY ATTENTION

God gave me another gentle reminder of what is essential this morning. I
was rushing around trying to get too many things done at once and not doing
any of them very well. As I was about to start my next chore, though, I
caught a glimpse of brilliant light shining through my living room window.
The sun had just risen over the mountains and was shining brightly down on
the Earth. It’s glorious, golden beams were joyfully waking the world.
Seeing this I walked out on my front porch to take a break from doing and
spend some time living.

The sky was the purest blue imaginable. The air was so fresh and cool that
I breathed in deeply with delight. I listened to the birds singing happily
in the nearby trees as they greeted the morning. I then stood for awhile
paying attention to this wonderful world God has given us. Before I went
back inside I told God just how much I loved Him and thanked Him again for
my life.

Life is so full of beauty, wonder, and delight. Life is so full of
kindness, peace, and happiness. Life is so full of love and joy. God has
given us a world overflowing with good things for us to rejoice in. It is
up to us, however, to pay attention to them. It is up to us to take them
into our hearts, souls, and minds. And it is up to us to share them with
the world.

Don’t go through life too busy to see that essential wonder and beauty
around you then. Pay attention to it. Pay attention to that golden
sunlight and brilliant blue sky. Pay attention to that first flower poking
its head through the dirt in the Spring. Pay attention to that smiling
child wanting to play and laugh with you. Pay attention to that beautiful,
old soul sharing stories about his life with you. Pay attention to those
people who are reaching out to you and offering to share their love and
joy with you. Pay attention to the glorious love that God freely offers
you every second of your life. Life is too short not to pay attention.

By Joseph J. Mazzella

Read and meditate on these scriptures:
Psalm 34:1-4 “I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall
continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the
humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and
let us exalt His name together. I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and
delivered me from all my fears.”

Habakkuk 3:17-19 “Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall
fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields
shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there
shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy
in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make
my feet like hinds’ feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places...”

Source  --- http://www.Godswork.org

Popular Posts